viernes, 9 de abril de 2010

Easter Cheesecake










I have to say first of all that I am not a sweets person. My friends would even say that I have a low tolerance for sweets! But, there are a few that I do love. Here is my Easter Cheesecake. I made it on Easter Sunday in honour of the holiday. There was no basket full of goodies, but my friend came over and we had some nice Leek and Mushroom Risotto and for dessert, Easter Cheesecake. It's a LOT easier than you think so try it!

Here are the ingredients...here we don't have sour cream so I used 2 Greek yogurts and a lemon as a substitute, 5-6 tablespoons of white sugar, a spoonful of vanilla extract, 5 eggs, 3 cream cheese packages (the generic stuff is just as good as Philadelphia!). Mix the ingredients in a blender of Cuisinart. Put to the side. To make the base, mix some graham crackers, or I used digestive cookies with some cinnamon, and butter. Mix and keep adding ingredients until you get a malleable mixture. Press it to the bottom of a cheesecake pan, making sure to go up the sides a little to prevent leakage.

Place the cheesecake pan on a cookie tray, or something similar because there will be some minor butter leakage during the baking process. Pour the filling into the graham cracker lined cheesecake pan.

Preheat the oven to 200 C or 392 F. When the oven is ready place the cheesecake pan in the oven and bake at 175C or 347 F for about 50 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out dry.

When done, decorate with freshly cut strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or open a jar of yummy marmalade as I did here! You could also just serve as is!

It's guaranteed to be delicious!

Enjoy and keep baking!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario