jueves, 24 de diciembre de 2009

The Best Eggnog


Well I cannot even begin to take credit for this recipe. But I will tell about my experience using ¨The Best Eggnog¨recipe from this site:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10758

So there I was on Sunday with an incredible craving for eggnog. Here in Seville you can't just go to the grocery store and buy a can of eggnog. If you want it, you've got to make it! I asked around, checked out some websites and finally found one a recipe that looked really good...and REALLY potent! I will say, I was skeptical with adding an ENTIRE bottle of bourbon, not to mention I don't even drink bourbon! But that along with the half a cup of rum and half a cup of expenive cognac, tasted great! I am sure that my fiance wasn't that pleased about my stealing the good stuff from his stash. But once he tries it tonight at the family Christmas Eve dinner, I am sure he'll ask when I'll be making it again.

On a side note, I added some vanilla and a lot of cinnamon. I didn't have fresh nutmeg and don't care for the store bought ground stuff, so I just added a pinch of it.

So as you can see in the first picture, I started by separating the yolks and whites.

Next I whisked the yolk until creamy and added the sugar.


And finally you can see that all of the ingredients have been mixed together: the yolks and the sugar, the rum, cognac and full bottle of bourbon and the 4 cups of milk and cinnamon and vanilla.


To serve, I beat some egg whites with heavy cream until light and fluffy and then folded them into the egg nog mixture. As you can see, it's nice to sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg ontop and serve on ice.

We'll see how it goes tonight at the Christmas Eve dinner, but I will say, I served this to my colleagues on Tuesday and it was a hit and they were begging for more!

Enjoy and a very Merry and Safe Christmas to you all!

2 comentarios:

  1. ¡¡brava!! that looks absolutely delectable! i will certainly try this recipe while i'm in Paris... much like Seville, eggnog is not available here in stores :-) ¡¡buen provecho y feliz navidad!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Good luck Chris! And have fun in Paris. I LOVE PARIS!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ResponderEliminar